At LEMO (UK) Ltd we work closely with local high school and educational authorities in Worthing to offer the opportunity for students to receive one week's work experience within an office and manufacturing environment.
A Risk Assessment is carried out prior to the placement focusing on Young People in the Workplace below the minimum school leaving age. LEMO (UK) Ltd has been independently assessed & approved by the Educational Authority. All students are treated as a new employee and are taken through a full H&S introduction to LEMO (UK) Ltd and the facilities on their first day.
During the week's placement a training programme has been designed to give an overall view of the Company including:
- Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Connector Assembly
- Fibre Optic R&D
- General Office Administration
- Marketing (incl. maintenance of the website)
- Quality Assurance, H&S and Environmental policies
- Sales & Purchasing
On the Friday the week's placement is discussed between the student and management. This is a two way exercise, to determine
- How did the student get on?
- How did LEMO perform?
- What could we provide further for the future?