The LEMO Ethernet to fibre media converter has been designed to ensure reliable operation in harsh environments. The rugged design is fully waterproof and employs highly reliable LEMO fibre optic connectors between the two converters.
A pair of media converters enables the conversion of signal from Ethernet 100 BaseT copper networks to fibre optics and vice-versa.
Using fibre optics allows the signal to be transmitted over a long distance without loss of quality.
Additional advantages are immunity to electromagnetic interference and increased security for sensitive information, particularly in military and security applications.
Supplied with connectors of your choice the LEMO Ethernet converter can extend the communications distance of existing systems. Two-fibre links available to complete your system.
• Ruggedised construction tested to MIL 810F
• Watertight to IP68
• Easy to deploy and operate
• Quick conversion of existing systems
• Fibre transmission totally secure
• Fibre safe to use through explosive environments
• Lightweight fibre for easy transportation
• Long distance transmission – to 20km
Potential applications include:
• Military communications
• Police covert communications
• Emergency services
• Portable video surveillance
• Industrial and process plant
Download Ethernet to fibre media converter datasheet (PDF 2.1MB)
Download Quality Cable Assemblies (PDF 456KB)